IGP Almendra de Mallorca / Almendra Mallorquina is the quality designation that guarantees the link between the almond and its origin, and endorses the methods used to obtain a product that stands out for its excellence and flavour. Its reputation and benefits are due to its high lipid content and fatty acid profile; added to its aromatic intensity, it provides a unique identity and flavour to the almonds originating from Mallorca. This creates a myriad of culinary applications, applied over the years, exerting a great influence on the gastronomic culture of the island. Majorcan almonds are available raw or roasted, with or without skin and in organic and conventional varieties, providing a variety that can be used in all kinds of culinary creations and treatments.
- The second edition of the flor d’ametller award goes to the Federació de Ciclisme d’Illes Balears (Balearic Islands Cycling Federation).Vilafranca de Bonany, February 25, 2023 – The Minister of Economic Promotion and Local Development, Jaume Alzamora, has released this Saturday the Flor de Almendro award, which this year reaches its second edition. The award, promoted by the Council of Mallorca and the IGP Almond of Mallorca has decided to give to the Federation of Cycling of the Balearic Islands. On its behalf, Fernando Gilet has collected a ceramic piece made by the Mallorcan artisan… Read More »The second edition of the flor d’ametller award goes to the Federació de Ciclisme d’Illes Balears (Balearic Islands Cycling Federation).
- Stores and establishments in Mallorca offer recipes made with Majorcan IGP almonds on the occasion of the world day.Santa Maria, February 21, 2023 – February 16 is internationally recognized as World Almond Day. For this reason, several restaurants, bakeries and other stores offer recipes and products made with Majorcan IGP almonds. This initiative has been possible thanks to the support of the Department of Economic Promotion and Local Development of the Consell de Mallorca. This promotion will run until Saturday, February 25. The participants are 8 restaurants, 3 bakeries and more than 30… Read More »Stores and establishments in Mallorca offer recipes made with Majorcan IGP almonds on the occasion of the world day.
- IGP Ametlla de Mallorca celebrates World Almond Day 2023Santa Maria, February 16, 2023 – The heads of the Regulatory Council of the Protected Geographical Indication Ametlla de Mallorca have celebrated today the World Almond Day in an act of presentation of all the events on the occasion of the World Almond Day in the emblematic pastry shop Pomar. Today, February 16 is celebrated the World Almond Day and on this occasion the Regulatory Council of the PGI Almond of Mallorca has presented a… Read More »IGP Ametlla de Mallorca celebrates World Almond Day 2023
- Discover pastry shops and restaurants in Mallorca where to eat authentic IGP Ametlla de MallorcaIn the following map you can find the catering establishments, bakeries and restaurants of Mallorca collaborating in the promotional campaign of the World Almond Day that will take place between 16 and 25 February 2023. You can also find the Majorcan PGI almonds in your usual point of sale. Open in Google Maps
- PGI Ametlla de Mallorca present at the meeting of quality food of the Euroregion Pyrenees-Mediterranean at the Alimentaria FairBarcelona, April 5, 2022 – The PGI Ametlla de Mallorca participates in the Quality Food Network project promoted by the Euroregion Pyrenees-Mediterranean. Framed in the Alimentaria Fair in Barcelona, a meeting of knowledge and networking has been organized. The day began with an unprecedented cooking contest to recognize the ‘Best Euroregional recipe made with PDO and PGI products from the Balearic Islands, Catalonia and Occitania’ in which the PGI almond from Mallorca was present in… Read More »PGI Ametlla de Mallorca present at the meeting of quality food of the Euroregion Pyrenees-Mediterranean at the Alimentaria Fair
The Majorcan almond in all its varieties has a series of qualities that make it unique.
Slightly sweet flavour, neither acidic nor astringent, with a touch of bitterness from the toasting.
High lipid content and its fatty acid profile provide great health benefits.
Adaptation to the island ecosystem resulting in morphological and organoleptic differences.
The almonds are presented in different formats, within the conventional or organic categories. This guarantees a wide variety to be used for different purposes.
Email us, call us or come and see us. We will be delighted to help you and advise you on everything you need.
Take a look at the preparations that can be made with Mallorcan almonds, from typical Mallorcan cuisine to perfect accompaniments for your dishes