IGP Almendra de Mallorca / Almendra Mallorquina is the quality designation that guarantees the link between the almond and its origin, and endorses the methods used to obtain a product that stands out for its excellence and flavour. Its reputation and benefits are due to its high lipid content and fatty acid profile; added to its aromatic intensity, it provides a unique identity and flavour to the almonds originating from Mallorca. This creates a myriad of culinary applications, applied over the years, exerting a great influence on the gastronomic culture of the island. Majorcan almonds are available raw or roasted, with or without skin and in organic and conventional varieties, providing a variety that can be used in all kinds of culinary creations and treatments.
- PGI Ametlla de Mallorca present at the meeting of quality food of the Euroregion Pyrenees-Mediterranean at the Alimentaria FairBarcelona, April 5, 2022 – The PGI Ametlla de Mallorca participates in the Quality Food Network project promoted by the Euroregion Pyrenees-Mediterranean. Framed in the Alimentaria Fair in Barcelona, a meeting of knowledge and networking has been organized. The day began with an unprecedented cooking contest to recognize the ‘Best Euroregional recipe made with PDO and PGI products from the Balearic Islands, Catalonia and Occitania’ in which the PGI almond from Mallorca was present in… Read More »PGI Ametlla de Mallorca present at the meeting of quality food of the Euroregion Pyrenees-Mediterranean at the Alimentaria Fair
- Spot IGP Ametlla de Mallorca amb banderesIn this spot you learn how to say “ametlla” in different languages. Rafel M. Creus. Original idea, direction and edition Jaume Caldentey. Photography and video. Joan Bonet. Postproducció audio y vídeo.
- IGP Ametlla de Mallorca present in several dishes prepared at the Madrid Fusion Fair.Madrid, March 31, 2022. – In the framework of the 20th edition of the Fira Madrid Fusió the Protected Geographical Indication Ametlla de Mallorca has had presence in various dishes prepared by the cooks of the Association of Cooks and Cooks Established in the Balearic Islands (ASCAIB). In addition, in the stand of Mallorca the IGP Ametlla de Mallorca has had presence with the visualization of the videos. Showcookings During the three days of Madrid… Read More »IGP Ametlla de Mallorca present in several dishes prepared at the Madrid Fusion Fair.
- IGP Ametlla de Mallorca presents in Còdol MagazineSanta María, March 18, 202.- IGP Almendra de Mallorca has published an article in this month’s Códol magazine. The article is titled “Students of the Mata de Junco School held a workshop on the occasion of the “World Almond Day” organized by IGP Almendra de Mallorca”. You can read it in the following link
- QUALITY PRODUCTS CONTEST ON INSTAGRAM- RULES AND REGULATIONS“CELEBRA EL DIA DE LES ILLES BALEARS AMB EL NOSTRE PRODUCTE DE QUALITAT” CONTEST IN INSTAGRAM LEGAL BASIS Would you like to celebrate the Day of the Balearic Islands with quality products from the Balearic Islands? Below you will find the rules to participate in the contest where lots of these products will be raffled. 1.- Companies organizing the contest on instagram. The 7 entities Regulatory Council (RC); 1.- Consejo Regulador de Sobrasada de Mallorca con el domicilio… Read More »QUALITY PRODUCTS CONTEST ON INSTAGRAM- RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Majorcan almond in all its varieties has a series of qualities that make it unique.
Slightly sweet flavour, neither acidic nor astringent, with a touch of bitterness from the toasting.
High lipid content and its fatty acid profile provide great health benefits.
Adaptation to the island ecosystem resulting in morphological and organoleptic differences.
The almonds are presented in different formats, within the conventional or organic categories. This guarantees a wide variety to be used for different purposes.
Email us, call us or come and see us. We will be delighted to help you and advise you on everything you need.
Take a look at the preparations that can be made with Mallorcan almonds, from typical Mallorcan cuisine to perfect accompaniments for your dishes